1. Choose Subjects for your Audience. I would love to write about the theories of using black and dark gray font, but commercial real estate agents would swipe left. Instead, I write tips on how to make your commercial real estate business more profitable! What does your target market want to read? Tips on how to increase their lease rates with new tenants? Steps on how to avoid bad lease agreements? The difference between investing in retail or industrial? Whatever it is, start writing!
2. Test your Subjects. Eventually you’ll have enough data to see what subjects are hot and what are not. Maybe your target market doesn’t care about industrial warehouses, but they click feverishly on how to find undervalued office buildings. Use your data to build more content your audience enjoys.
3. Using Interesting Titles. Cosmopolitan has the best headlines in the industry. It’s fun to go through Cosmo covers and reword their amazing headlines to work with commercial real estate. Here’s one to work with!!
- Behind the Landlord’s Door. Wow! The Lease Rate Minimizer that only 50% of Tenants know.
- Getting your Vacant Office Space to Look and Feel Move-in Ready!
- The Marketing Audit. Make 2018 Hot Advertising Trends Work for you!
4. Maintaining consistency. I never spam my list with a bunch of crap from people trying to pay me for use or crappy products/services. You only get pure, honest information from me. Also, it’s always on the last week of the month – no surprises. Keeping consistent is key when getting people to tune in month after month, year after year.